The 46th Annual NDSC Convention will take place July 12-15, 2018 in Dallas, Texas.
Registration for the 2018 convention will open Monday, April 16, 2018.
- NDSC refund policy:
- Registration fees are non-refundable after refund deadline of June 22, 2018.
- A $50 processing fee will be deducted from all requests for refund of registration fees prior to the refund deadline.
- Registration is set up for individuals or for families living at the same address.
- Non-family groups should register individually, each with a separate registration.
- NDSC membership is required to register and will be added to your registration if not current.
- Young children do not need to be registered unless they are specifically attending Y&A, B&S or Kids’ Camp.
- REGISTER - 2018 REGISTRATION will open April 16
To register for the convention, an account (username and password) must be established within our convention registration system. This is not the same as completing a membership form. If you have not attended the convention previously, you should click on New User? Sign up Here? on the log in page to first establish your account.
- Establishing an account will allow the account holder to leave the registration process before payment is made and return at a later time to complete registration, if necessary.
- Only one account holder is needed per individual or family registration.
- The account holder does not necessarily have to register for the convention, but is responsible for payment.
- One adult must register for the convention in order to register children for Kids’ Camp.
- You may log out at anytime, and the system will save your current selections. You may log back in at a later time to make changes and complete your registration with payment.
- Online registration requires payment by credit card.
- If you wish to use another form of payment, please complete your registration online up to the point you must enter a credit card. Then, please log out and contact the NDSC office for further instructions.
- After making payment, your registration will be complete and you will NOT be able to make any changes yourself.
- After completing registration, you may view your paid registration selections at any time.
- Convention Fees, Schedule and Other Resources
2018 Convention Brochure
Convention Registration Fees
Souvenir Journal Message Application
2018 WORKSHOP LISTING
- Hall of Stars
As the NDSC Annual Convention heads to Dallas, Texas we will be “Reaching For The Stars”! The focal point of the convention will be the Hall of Stars located in the main walkway leading to the convention center. This exhibit will feature beautifully decorated silver and white stars suspended from above, amidst original art work.
Individuals, families, civic groups, affiliate organizations, and corporations can show their support by purchasing stars in advance. Stars are available in 3 sizes and may be self decorated, self-advocate decorated (at the NDSC office), or may display a name, message or logo printed by the NDSC.
- Small Star, 13″ – $25
- Medium Star, 17″ – $75
- Large Star, 21″ – $150
Each star to be self decorated will be mailed to the purchaser with return instructions. Self decorated stars must be ordered by June 1 and returned to the NDSC office by June 18. Orders for self-advocate and printed stars must be received by June 25, 2018.
You can order your star during Convention registration or by going to Hall of Stars
- Reach for Your Star Art Auction
The NDSC is searching for exceptional art entries for our first Art Exhibit and Auction to be held at the 46th Annual National Down Syndrome Congress Convention in Dallas, Texas. All individual artists and groups are encouraged to participate. Select entries will travel to Dallas to be displayed in the 2018 National Down Syndrome Congress Convention Hall of Stars. Select pieces will be auctioned through either our 2018 Convention Art App or live during Saturday’s Star Studded Night gala.
All artwork will be highlighted on NDSC’s social media pages, with more than 111,000 followers; on our website; and be viewed on the 2018 Convention Art App.
For submission specifications, click here.
For the Reach for Your Star Art registration form, click here.
- Conference Workshop Recordings
- About Workshop Recordings
- Each year NDSC records a selection of general convention workshops and plenary sessions.
- Recordings are audio synced to the presenters’ PowerPoint, if one is used.
- Not all workshops are recorded. A list of recorded sessions for each convention year can be found on our website.
- Recordings are hosted for NDSC through by PlaybackNow, Inc.
- Purchasing Access to Recordings
- Recordings are packaged by convention year.
- Fast Pass – Online Access for 12 months – to the 2017 conference recordings are included in 2017 convention registration. One access account for the account holder.
- Season Pass – Online Access for 12 months plus free downloads.
- USB Works – Season Pass plus USB drive of all recordings mailed to your home.
- Purchase a Fast Pass ($129), Season Pass($159) or USB Works ($199) by going to PlaybackNow, Inc.
- Accessing the Recordings
- Recorded Convention Workshops
- About Workshop Recordings
- Educator Conference
On Friday, July 21st, 2017, the NDSC hosted a conference for educators.
Effective Practice for Students with Down Syndrome: Tools for Today’s Classroom
Educators joined the NDSC and world-renowned speakers for this special session for educators working to enhance outcomes for their students with Down syndrome and other intellectual disabilities, as well as autism. This educator-focused conference engaged participants in identifying and implementing strategies applicable to classrooms from kindergarten through 12th grades. Discussions included ways to further include students in the general education classroom through effective literacy interventions, differentiated curriculum, technology, and behavioral practices.
For more details go to Educator’s Conference
- Research & Medical Care Roundtable
RESEARCH & MEDICAL CARE ROUNDTABLE:
What parents, self-advocates & caregivers should know
Co-organized with the NDSC, the Global Down Syndrome Foundation Roundtable hosted a free benefit for registrants of the NDSC Annual Convention and featured renowned scientists and medical professionals.
More information regarding the 2018 Medical Roundtable will be available in the spring of 2018.
Thank you to our 2018 convention sponsors!
Kids’ Camp Sponsor
321 Dance Sponsor
Advocacy Training Day Sponsor
Lone Star Sponsor
The Ashford Rise School of Dallas
Down Syndrome Affiliates in Action
Down Syndrome Association of Memphis & The Mid-South
Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota
Down Syndrome Association of Central Texas
Down Syndrome Association of South Texas
Down Syndrome Diagnosis Network
Dreamers Merchants Coffee Company
East Texas Down Syndrome Group
Green Oaks Education and Support, Inc.
Reece’s Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Grant Foundation
Rio Grande Valley Down Syndrome Association
Texas Christian University
TCU College of Education – Ansers Institute